A Simple Guide to Commercial Insurance

When you open your business, insurance might not top your list of things you need to buy, but it should. It protects your investment in your business and its equipment. That equipment includes items like your vehicle, computers, printers, and items specific to your business like dishware for a caterer or photography and developing equipment for a photographer. OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, serving Clinton, MS, can help you determine which insurance policies you need.

Typically, every business needs commercial property, liability, and workers’ compensation insurance policies. Commercial auto insurance also tops the list of needs of most companies.

Many commercial insurance types are available. The type of business you run depends on the insurance you need. This could include:

  • boiler and machinery policies
  • debris removal
  • builder’s risk insurance
  • glass insurance
  • inland marine insurance
  • business interruption insurance
  • ordinance or law insurance
  • tenant’s insurance
  • crime insurance
  • fidelity bonds
  • errors and omissions insurance
  • malpractice insurance
  • automobile insurance
  • directors’ and officers’ liability insurance

As you can see, it takes an insurance professional to know which policies apply to your business’ situation. A shop owner in a neighborhood known for vandalism would need a glass policy, and only someone practicing medicine would require malpractice insurance. If you provide a physical product, you need errors and omissions insurance, while a corporation with a board of directors would require a directors’ and officers’ liability policy.

Let OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, serving Clinton, MS, help you determine which commercial insurance policies you need to protect your business.