Most people in Jackson and Clinton, MS aren’t thinking about life insurance when they are young but it can often be the best time to purchase it. There are many reasons why you may need life insurance, even if you don’t think you do.
- You Are Having a Baby: If you are having a baby in the next year, now is the time to buy insurance. If this change will mean going from two incomes to one then it’s even more important to set up a financial safety net.
- You Are Getting Married: This life change can mean someone else is relying on your income.
- You Are Supporting Aging Parents: The usual rule is that if someone else relies on your income then you need life insurance. This usually means a spouse or children but it can also mean your aging parents.
- You Have Debt: When you decide how much coverage to get with an agent at OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, consider your total debt amounts. This means that whoever receives the money after your death has enough to pay off outstanding balances. Federal student loans can be forgiven but private loans may not be, especially if there is a co-signer.
- You Are Self-Employed: Life insurance is important if you are a small business owner. If you set up a buy/sell agreement policy then employees get paid in your absence. You can also use life insurance as collateral when you secure a small business loan.
- You Have a High-Risk Job: While life insurance companies do consider your occupation, it’s still important to be protected if you have a high-risk job. Jobs in construction, firefighting, natural gas, aviation, oil, and mining are worth having the policy.
- You Have Extreme Hobbies: If you are a thrill-seeker then you may pay more for life insurance but it’s worth the cost considering the likelihood of injury with some hobbies. Extreme hobbies can include scuba diving or rock climbing.
Contact OFS Insurance Agency, LLC in Clinton, MS to get a quote on life insurance.