If you have only home insurance, you may not be completely protected from all potential threats. When it comes to flooding, homeowners need to purchase a special flood insurance policy provided by the government to protect their property from flooding as a result of many scenarios.
Even if you don’t live near a body of water, that doesn’t mean you are immune from the potential for losses as a result of flooding. If you live in an elevated area, you still may be exposed to risks as a result of a dam breach, melting snow, or heavy rain accumulation. In order to determine if you need flood insurance, you should speak with an insurance agent who has the tools necessary to help determine your potential for risk. In many cases, homeowners were not aware of a high risk of flooding. Get the information and tools required to protect your property and belongings with flood insurance.
Learn More About Flood Insurance
The best way to protect your investments is to arm yourself with knowledge about insurance products that can be beneficial. Flood insurance is one of these options that may be wise to invest in and learn more about ways to help provide a total blanket of protection in the future. If you live in or near the Clinton, MS area, you should consult with an agent from OFS Insurance Agency, LLC to find out more about flood insurance options in your area.
Don’t risk losses as a result of inadequate insurance coverage. Find out if flood insurance offered by OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, serving the residents of Jackson and Clinton, MS, is right for your needs. Call or stop by today to find out more information.
When it comes to auto insurance, there are so many types of coverages available in the marketplace that it can be confusing to know just what type of policies are right for you. If you live in the Clinton, MS area, the agents at OFS Insurance Agency, LLC would be happy to meet with you to design a customized policy to fit your auto insurance needs.
The first coverage you will need to consider is the mandatory coverage required by the state. Each state has various coverage requirements, so you will want to check with your agent about your state’s requirements. States require you to carry a certain amount of liability coverage, which is coverage that covers liability claims as a result of third party injuries to drivers and pedestrians in the event you cause an accident. Also, this coverage will have a limit for property damage coverage that covers damage to a third parties property.
Additional required coverage
Some states will require drivers to carry underinsured/uninsured coverage. Unfortunately, many drivers do not carry insurance even though it is a requirement. In the event you are in an accident with an uninsured motorist, uninsured coverage will cover the accident.
Collision coverage is essential coverage in the event you have an expensive car. Collision coverage will pay to repair the damage to your vehicle regardless of who is at fault in the accident. In the event your vehicle is not worth a lot of money, you may want to forgo this coverage.
Comprehensive coverage is an optional coverage that protects against events outside an accident. Comprehensive coverage covers events such as damage from a storm, theft, and even vandalism.
If you have a question about your auto insurance policy, reach out to an agent at OFS Insurance Agency, LLC today. We proudly serve the Clinton, MS area.
Most people in Jackson and Clinton, MS aren’t thinking about life insurance when they are young but it can often be the best time to purchase it. There are many reasons why you may need life insurance, even if you don’t think you do.
- You Are Having a Baby: If you are having a baby in the next year, now is the time to buy insurance. If this change will mean going from two incomes to one then it’s even more important to set up a financial safety net.
- You Are Getting Married: This life change can mean someone else is relying on your income.
- You Are Supporting Aging Parents: The usual rule is that if someone else relies on your income then you need life insurance. This usually means a spouse or children but it can also mean your aging parents.
- You Have Debt: When you decide how much coverage to get with an agent at OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, consider your total debt amounts. This means that whoever receives the money after your death has enough to pay off outstanding balances. Federal student loans can be forgiven but private loans may not be, especially if there is a co-signer.
- You Are Self-Employed: Life insurance is important if you are a small business owner. If you set up a buy/sell agreement policy then employees get paid in your absence. You can also use life insurance as collateral when you secure a small business loan.
- You Have a High-Risk Job: While life insurance companies do consider your occupation, it’s still important to be protected if you have a high-risk job. Jobs in construction, firefighting, natural gas, aviation, oil, and mining are worth having the policy.
- You Have Extreme Hobbies: If you are a thrill-seeker then you may pay more for life insurance but it’s worth the cost considering the likelihood of injury with some hobbies. Extreme hobbies can include scuba diving or rock climbing.
Contact OFS Insurance Agency, LLC in Clinton, MS to get a quote on life insurance.
When you open your business, insurance might not top your list of things you need to buy, but it should. It protects your investment in your business and its equipment. That equipment includes items like your vehicle, computers, printers, and items specific to your business like dishware for a caterer or photography and developing equipment for a photographer. OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, serving Clinton, MS, can help you determine which insurance policies you need.
Typically, every business needs commercial property, liability, and workers’ compensation insurance policies. Commercial auto insurance also tops the list of needs of most companies.
Many commercial insurance types are available. The type of business you run depends on the insurance you need. This could include:
- boiler and machinery policies
- debris removal
- builder’s risk insurance
- glass insurance
- inland marine insurance
- business interruption insurance
- ordinance or law insurance
- tenant’s insurance
- crime insurance
- fidelity bonds
- errors and omissions insurance
- malpractice insurance
- automobile insurance
- directors’ and officers’ liability insurance
As you can see, it takes an insurance professional to know which policies apply to your business’ situation. A shop owner in a neighborhood known for vandalism would need a glass policy, and only someone practicing medicine would require malpractice insurance. If you provide a physical product, you need errors and omissions insurance, while a corporation with a board of directors would require a directors’ and officers’ liability policy.
Let OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, serving Clinton, MS, help you determine which commercial insurance policies you need to protect your business.
Living in Clinton, MS can be a lot of fun, especially with the ability to enjoy all four seasons. However, if there’s a problem from a storm, a break-in, or something else, you need to know what’s covered by your home insurance policy.
There are several standard features in a homeowners insurance policy:
- Damage to the home itself
- Damage to property inside of the home
- Liability coverage
- Additional living expenses coverage
Liability coverage takes care of someone if they get hurt inside of your home. It can also help with coverage if someone from your household damages the property of someone else (such as a kid throwing a ball into a neighbor’s window).
Optional Coverage Items
While the basics are covered by home insurance, it might not be enough based on where you live. You may need to have flood insurance so that you are covered in case of flood waters entering your home. If you have many valuable items that exceed the standard policy coverage, you may want to get a rider that will add more coverage.
By working with an independent insurance agent like OFS Insurance Agency, LLC, you can go over the various scenarios to find out whether you have the coverage that you need or not. Sometimes, adding more coverage can offer a higher level of peace of mind.
Find out more about what you need in your home insurance policy by calling OFS Insurance Agency, LLC today. One of our insurance agents will work with you to find a policy that fits your needs in Clinton, MS.