RV Insurance Coverage Types

OFS Insurance Agency, LLC serves the state of Mississippi with RV insurance to protect you whether you park your motorhome on a lot in Clinton, MS, or you explore the many parks and scenic routes of our state. You need the right insurance, though, and to purchase the right policy, you need to decide in advance how you want to use your RV.

If you want to drive it on the road, you need to insure it in the same way you would an auto. You will carry liability, bodily injury, and add items like collision or personal injury protection (PIP). You cannot use your auto insurance, though. You must have a separate policy for your motor home.

Think about adding roadside assistance since changing a tire on an RV makes for a road trip challenge no person wants. You also get two choices auto insurance does not offer – contents and full-timer coverage. Contents cover your belongings inside your RV. That includes the appliances, your luggage, etc. Full timer coverage covers the RV like home, so those who live in it year-round have a sort of homeowner’s RV policy. You need this if you will park it in one spot and live in it there. If you just want to use it on vacation at one campsite, whether for months or weeks, you need a campsite liability policy. You do not need a separate policy on a towed pop-up camper and trailer.

You do need to insure a Class-A, Class-B, or Class-C motorhome. Since many sizes of RV exist and which coverage types you choose affect your costs, we cannot provide a flat rate cost.

Call or email OFS Insurance Agency, LLC to learn how you can protect your motorhome investment. We serve the Clinton, MS metro area, and the state with the RV policies it needs.